Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Date night dinner

A wise man once said the way to a women's heart requires money, or food. He was right. When doing dinner with your dame or dan you've got two options. You cook or you find a nice place to sit down at for dinner. I personally like to cook but being in college I don't have the most elegant of settings to dine in so Friday I'll be taking my gal out on the town for dinner. Just because I'm not making the meal doesn't mean the evening wont be as personal or romantic. There are just a few details to make sure of if you want your night to be a special one. First off do not take her to the damn olive garden. Find a nice place thats not to pricey but has quality cuisine. Next make sure you can get a table and make sure that table isn't in an area of high traffic from the kitchen or volume from the other guests. Often times restaurants have these kind of booths tucked away or in a corner where it'll seem like its just you two in the whole place. And lastly, wear something nice. I don't mean your sunday best but look like the man or woman your significant other is or would be proud to call theirs. Choosing the restaurant can be tricky but an easy way to find a place in any city is within the comments and reviews on Yelp. Gainesville has a large selection of restaurants with a variety of entrees and prices that wont break the bank. One of my favorite date night eateries is The Top restaurant downtown.
The Top is a Gainesville classic with an extensive menu incorporating new entrees and specials weekly while hanging on to old favorites. The food is fantastic. I've tried something new every time I've been and I have yet to be disappointed.
They also have a killer bar with great drinks.
So wether its The Top or outback or where ever you take your main squeeze make it special. Enjoying good food with someone you love should be memorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment